I just discovered something major while working on my next game and reading the SDL wiki. It turns out that if you convert a surface to the same format as what it is going to be copied to, then the blitting will be much faster!
Therefore I used this function:
And then updated the file in the SDL version of my font library, Chaste Tris, and the current game that is in development. Now everything will run much faster which is ultra important especially for Chaste Tris because it writes a lot of text to the screen and every single character is nothing more than a SDL_BlitSurface call.
In other news I have recently created a Patreon account.
It’s dedicated to my programming projects and I hope to share the news of my current game development and how I compile and run things with SDL and the C Programming Language.